Friday, December 26, 2008

This and That

I want to start out by wishing everyone Happy Holidays! Also, by saying thank you to everyone that has helped us out during these very stressful times! I know I haven't updated our blog for ever, especially with any pics, so here it goes.
My parents gave us a call one day to go to dinner with them at Madox's. We love that place it is so yummy. Before we went to dinner, we stopped at Smith and Edwards to look around. For those of you who have never been to Smith and Edwards it is a moge poge of everything, but we love it! It is like an old fashioned Wal-Mart with old army equipment. I love that store, you can get some great things for a discount, plus it has all kinds of horse equipment. As you all know, I have a horse named Shamie. My little sister Madeline, loves horses as well. She has fun riding Shamie. While we were at Smith and Edwards, my sister wanted to sit on the saddles. So, Madeline and I decided that she needed to look like a real cowgirl, before she sat on the saddle. I found a hat and some chaps for her to try on. Of course, we had to take a picture. She looked so cute, sitting high on the saddle. She was just practicing for when she will get to ride Shamie all by herself. So, I thought that I would document it.
We also took Family pictures before it snowd. My uncle Robert was so nice and took them for us, he did an excellant job. They turned out awsome. So, I will post a couple of those for your enjoyment.
We had an awesome Christmas this year, despite our circumstances. Matt's sister Tiffany flew in from Arizona to hang out with us. We had a lot of fun, watching Porter open his presents. It was an awesome experience to be with my son on his first Christmas. He was so excited about everything, that made it fun! I also learned the true meaning of Christmas this year! You don't need to have money or presents to celebrate the birth of our Saviour Jesus Christ. I was really humbled, and even lost it a few times during that day. I'm so grateful for everything. I'm grateful that my husband has found a new job, that he loves. I'm also thankful for my son Porter, and how healthy, and happy he is. I'm grateful, for those of you who have helped us this Christmas, and all during this test. There are no words for how thankful, I am, and how humbling this has been. It is so nice to know that there is family and friends right there to assist in times of need. Despite everything the inner pessimist in me, there are still good people out there. And you have proved me wrong. Overall, I am so grateful for everything, even though times are tough!! I will post some pics of cute little Porter Peck!!

No comments: